HUDSON’S BAY and KLEINFELD
“Dream Wedding Dress Contest”
The contest is sponsored by Hudson’s Bay and Kleinfeld (the “Sponsors”), and takes place during Canada’s Bridal Show in Toronto, September 6th to 8th, 2013.
HOW TO ENTER
No purchase is required. Individuals who register with Hudson’s Bay Gift Registry While at the Canada’s Bridal Show, will be automatically entered into the Dream Wedding Dress Contest. There is a maximum of one entry per couple (as entries are based on Registry created).
There is one prize of a trip for two to Kleinfeld in New York to select the dress of your dreams.
The prize consists of:
• Round-trip airfare in economy class for two from the closest Canadian gateway (i.e., to the winner) to New York City, New York, United States;
• 1 night (double occupancy) at The Plaza Hotel, plus a $500 US food and beverage (alcohol excluded) voucher at the hotel;
• Ground transportation both ways between the New York airport and the hotel, and also during the day of the visit to Kleinfeld;
• A personal appointment at Kleinfeld to select the dress of your dreams:
• The winner will receive a gift certificate which can be redeemed for one special-order bridal gown valued up to US $5000 (before taxes)
• The gift certificate is valid through September 1, 2014 and must be presented at the time of purchase
• The gift certificate cannot be applied to sample sale stock gowns, accessories, headpieces, jewelry, shoes or menswear; and cannot be redeemed for cash or applied to previous purchases; and
• a $500 Cdn. Hudson’s Bay Gift Card.
If the winner is two men, then the gift certificate for a dress may be redeemed for two custom suits.
If the dress has a value of less than $5,000 US (before taxes), the winner foregoes any amount between the actual value and $5,000. If the dress has a value of greater than $5,000 US (before taxes), the winner is responsible for the difference in price. The finished dress will be delivered to the winner at her home in Canada.
With respect to the food voucher at The Plaza Hotel, if the total food and beverage charges at The Plaza Hotel are less than $500 US, the unused portion of the food voucher is foreited; if such charges exceed the value of the $500 US food voucher, the winner is responsible for any such excess charges.
All travel arrangements and bookings will be arranged by the Bay Travel. The winner and travel guest must travel together on the same itinerary, and are solely responsible for all costs not expressly described above including included ground transportation, overweight baggage fees, post night or pre–night accommodations, non-included meals and beverages, gratuities, costs related to shopping, nightlife activities, or other daily expected expenditures, spending money, telephone calls, travel & medical insurance, together with any required travel documentation or passport & travel visa fees, customs duties, and all personal expenses of any kind or nature.
The itinerary of the trip may change and is at the discretion of the Sponsors and the Bay Travel, as bookings are subject to availability, changes in itinerary and other restrictions. The winner and travel guest must travel on the dates and times specified by the Sponsors and the Bay Travel. If the winner and/or travel guest cannot travel within the specified dates for whatever reason, any unused portion of the prize will be forfeited. Flight and accommodation will not be rescheduled once booked. No responsibility is assumed by the Sponsors and the Bay Travel for cancelled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled travel after ticketing for any reason whatsoever beyond their control. Transportation and accommodations are subject to availability, blackout periods, government restrictions and regulations, hotel, airline, airport or other transportation restrictions and regulations.
The winner may be required by the hotel to provide an accepted and valid credit card to cover incidental charges (including but not limited to: telephone charges, special purchases, etc.). The winner and travel guest are solely responsible for obtaining their own travel documents such as a passport or travel visa in advance of the departure date. The Sponsors and the Bay Travel are not responsible in the event the winner and/or travel guest are refused entry to the destination country or re-entry to Canada for whatever reason and any unused portion of the prize will be forfeited.
Other details regarding the travel portion of the prize
• Travel must be completed by September 1st 2014, last return date;
• Booking must be completed before August 31st 2014;
• The following black-out dates apply: Christmas and New Years’ period, Spring break period (February 15 to March 15), Easter weekend, local holidays at destination.
• If the winner resides in a city that requires transportation to our departure cities, the costs associated to the transportation are the winner’s entire responsibility.
• The terms and conditions of the current the Bay Travel brochure are applicable.
• The winner must respect the validity period of the prize and shall accept any alternatives presented by the
Bay Travel if need be.
• No extensions will be permitted and the prize cannot be exchanged, transferred or substituted for cash.
• The winner and accompanying travelers must have the same departure and return dates on the flight tickets.
The total retail value of the trip portion of the prize is approximately $5000 Cdn, based on a Toronto departure example. The actual retail value of the trip will vary based on the point of departure and flight schedule. No financial compensation will be made if actual costs are lower or higher than this amount. No travel reward points or frequent flyer points will be collectable.
The prize is not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded. The Sponsors reserve the right to – but are under no obligation to – substitute any part of the prize with one of equal or greater value, without notice for whatever reason including in the event of the unavailability of the advertised prize.
To be eligible, you must be a resident of Canada over the age of majority on the date of the draw. You are not eligible if, at any point during this time you are (or you live with) an employee, representative or agent of a Sponsor or its affiliates or licensees.
A random draw will be held in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on or about September 13, 2013 to award the prize. The prize will be awarded to the first entrant whose entry is drawn, who correctly answers a mathematical skill-testing question (to be administered by phone at a mutually convenient time within 14 days of the draw), and otherwise complies with the Contest Rules. Your chances of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received at Canada’s Bridal Show.
Each selected entrant will be contacted by phone, and must (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question, to be administered by phone at a mutually convenient time within 14 days of the draw), and (b) sign and return (within 14 days of receipt) a declaration and release. If a selected entrant does not comply with the Contest Rules or cannot be contacted within 14 days of the draw, that entry will be declared void and a further entry will be drawn in accordance with the method described above. If a selected entrant cannot use or chooses not to use any portion of the prize, that portion of the prize will be deemed to be forfeited and no substitution or other compensation will be awarded. The winner must visit the Hudson’s Bay location identified by the Sponsors in order to claim the prize.
The decisions of the Sponsors will be final and binding on all entrants. The Sponsors shall not bear any liability for:
• contest entries which are disqualified by the Sponsors
• contest entries which are lost, stolen, delayed or destroyed
• the loss, theft or misuse of the prize or any part of the prize
• any property damage, personal injury or misfortune in any way attributable to this contest or the prize or any part of the prize
• any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this contest, or in the announcement of winners
By agreeing to the contest terms & conditions on the interactive touch-screen, our participate partners, RE/MAX and Canada’s Bridal Show reserve the rights to send future promotional offers to participates who choose to opt-in. By entering this contest, the winner grants each Sponsor the right to use the winner’s name and/or likeness, without further compensation, in any advertising or publicity, including via social media. In particular, the winner (and guest) may be filmed by the Sponsors during their stay in New York, with such film (edited by the Sponsors in their sole discretion) posted online and used by the Sponsors for advertising purposes.
The Sponsors reserves the right to modify this contest if fraud or technical failure destroys the integrity of the contest as determined by the Sponsors, in their sole discretion.
The Sponsors may withdraw, terminate or modify all or any part of this contest at any time in the event of production, printing, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or other unanticipated problems or irregularities or mistakes of any nature whatsoever not directly caused by the Sponsors which, in the opinion of the Sponsors affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this contest, or the odds of winning.
The contest and these contest rules are governed exclusively by and will be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. Any dispute arising hereunder will be adjudicated solely in the applicable court in Toronto, Ontario.